June 6, 2016

Building a Floral Background


Today I'm using a popular stamp set from Simon Says Stamp: the Many Thanks floral stamp set. I decided to pair this set up with the leaf image from Stampin' Up's Number of Years to create a background. The color scheme is inspired by Sugar Pea Design's Inspiration Challenge photo, particularly the colors on the cushion.


I used my VersaMagic dew drops for this card. Love the vibrant colors of these chalk ink pads! For the flowers I used Pink Grapefruit and Persimmon. For the leaves I used Tea Leaves and Aloe Vera as base colors and partially double stamp some of them with Oasis Green for a dimensional look. For the sentiment, blue leaves and borders I used Aegean. Such a beautiful, muted blue color!


I used my mini MISTI to mount and stamp several images at once. It's such a time saver!


I only wanted to stamp one small blue leaf at a time so I'm masking the flower and the green leaves. This part is probably the most time consuming part, but I think it's definitely worth it!


I really like this look of vellum under the sentiment. Think I've gotten the torn edge idea from a card on Pinterest. It took me two tries to get the 'right' torn look, I seriously have control issues, haha. To finish up the card I added some pearls and some silver loops and inked up the left and right side of the base card with the same blue ink. Hope you enjoyed this one!

Challenges Entered: 

SSS Wednesday: Mask It / SPDMIX1

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous design, I love the colours you've chosen - really loving orange at the moment.

    Thanks for playing at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.