November 30, 2016

Embellished Christmas Tree ft. Hero Arts


EDIT: Top 3 at a2zScrapbook

Since it's finals week next week, I didn't make many cards during the holidays except for the ones I guest designed for. However I really wanted to enter a2z Scrapbook's challenge because this month's theme is "Embellish it", and I love adding embellishments to my cards. I decided to make the embellishments the focal point so I picked Hero Art's Merry Christmas Tree stamp and die set. 


I used a good amount of pearls, gems, sequins and stamped die cuts to decorate this christmas tree. The gems are originally clear (like the ones on the right side of the photo), but I colored some with my Copic marker (R37 Carmine) to match the red color scheme.


I also added a coat of glossy accent to all of the stamped die cuts so they would look like embellishments, too. Then I mounted them on foam squares and adhered them to the tree. 


I also embossed the white card base for some additional interest. It looks more dimensional in real life, I just can't capture the details in the photos. 

I just received the SHOTBOX today and this is the first card I photographed inside this light box. To be honest I'm a little disappointed with the results; the lighting environment isn't what I've expected and I still have to tweak the photos afterwards. I think the lights is a little too sharp and cool and I was looking for the effect of warm, natural light. Maybe I just need to practice using it more and figure out the right way...If you have any experience with light boxes or would like to share how you photograph your projects, please comment below. I would really appreciate it! And thanks so much for stopping by!

Challenges Entered:

a2z Scrapbook: Embellish It / SSS Wednesday: ATG / SSS Monday: O' Christmas Tree

MFT Color Challenge #58

6 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE this tree. I never thought to use a gray for the tree, but it's fab with the ornaments. I love this. If I had time to do these, I would be embellishing in your style. Love it.

    Glad you could join us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just darling; so festive; love how you created embellishments from the stamped die cuts - genius! Thanks for joining us at a2z.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card I love how you decorated the tree from the stamp set. Thank you for playing along with a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute tree!! Thanks for linking up at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is fantastic tree ever! LOVE all the embellishments on it. Thank you so much for playing along with a2z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love that fabulous tree!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.