November 16, 2018

Watercolor Stripes & Floral ft. STAMPlorations


Hi everyone! Welcome to November's CUTplorations challenge! This week we are focusing on fall colors and giving thanks at STAMPlorations. I love the cue image (shown below) and was heavily inspired by the bright, yellowy-orange florals. Let's take a look at my card. :)




I'm using STAMPloration's Blossom Sprays #2 as the focal image of today's card. After stamping with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and clear heat embossing, I decided to use my ZIG Clean Color Real Brush pens for some quick and simple watercoloring. Here is a list of all the colors I used:

FLORAL: No. 050 Yellow / No. 052 Bright Yellow / No. 070 Orange / No. 020 Red
FLOWER CENTER & BRANCHES: No. 072 Beige
BIG LEAVES: No. 053 Yellow Green / No. 033 Persian Green 
SMALL LEAVES: No. 049 Green Shadow / No. 033 Persian Green


Then I painted some stripes onto another piece of watercolor cardstock. I used Blueprint Sketch Distress ink. (It's my favorite shade of blue <3 ) I also splattered Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink to add some more interest to the background.


Finally, I adhered a gold glitter die cut using the Forever CUTplorations die, and completed the card with a small "Thankful" sentiment from Jillibean Soup's Handwritten Sentiments. I hope you enjoyed this floral card, and are inspired to come join the challenge. I'll see you there! 

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.