July 1, 2016

Fairy Trio ft. The Greeting Farm


EDIT: DT Favorite at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge
I finally got to purchase some adorable rubber stamps from The Greeting Farm! This is Fairy Queen Anya and I love her so so much <3 She is a little bigger in size than what I've expected, but that doesn't bother me a bit. 

The theme for July's Farm Fresh Challenge is "H2O Love", so basically anything related to water. Most of the entries I imagine will be mermaids, sea, or summer-related, but with the supplies I have on hand now, I decided to do a winter fairy card. Quite unexpected in the month of July, eh? ;) So where is my "water", exactly? It's in the snowflakes! It might be quite a stretch, but we all know that water freezes to form ice, so I think it's still fairly reasonable. 


The colors of this purple version is inspired by Ellen Hutson's pin sights challenge (view challenge graphic below). Love the purple, pink, blue and yellow! Super cheerful colors. The "wishes" dies is from Essentials by Ellen's Merry & Bright set. What I love about this set is that it has "merry", "christmas", "bright" and other christmas-y dies, but it also contains words like "be", "happy", "wishes" that you can use on other occasion's cards. 
  


Here is another version with the blue fairy. The colors are inspired by the image from Color Crazy Craft Challenge (shown below). The sketch is inspired by Freshly Made Sketches #243 (shown above). I masked off the borders of a top folding card and also die cut some snowflakes with masking paper to create my own snowflake stencil.

Then I used some distress inks and my ink blending tools to add color to the background. The fairies are also watercolored using distress inks. To make the card more fairy-like, I sprayed a lot of perfect pearls water to both the fairy and the background to give them some nice shimmer. It's really hard to capture the subtle shine in other pictures, but you can see it in this close-up photo. I've also used Ranger's Enchanted Gold embossing powder on the fairy's crown to add some extra sparkle.
 
Have you noticed the underlined words? They are the key words in Simon Says Stamp's Tic Tac Toe challenge! It does forces you to stretch your creative muscles, but I guarantee you it's a lot of fun! I went "half-house" here: sequins, gold, stamp, blue, stencil, spray. Super fun, I really enjoyed the process of creating these cards.


Now that I'm more comfortable with the CAS style, I always ended up creating cards in both the detailed and clean versions. And this one is no exception. So here's the CAS version!
I'm not sure if it's obvious at all, but I'm trying to play with a pun. "Fairy" does sound like "very", right?! I hope so, haha. :P 


And here's another one. The color combo possibilities are endless, and I can't seem to stop. LOL. The colors for the pink fairy are inspired by the rainbow images from Addicted to Stamps & More and STAMPlorations. They are both celebrating their birthdays! What a coincidence!
 

Feel free to comment below and let me know which fairy you like the most! I would LOVE to hear your opinions. Thanks so much for stopping by. :)

Challenges Entered (for purple fairy): 
 
Freshly Made Sketches 243 / SSS: Tic Tac Toe

Ellen Hutson Pin Sights Challenge

Challenges Entered (for blue, pink fairies):
 
Week 16: Glitter Sparkles OR Teal (I've used both) / Make My Monday: Fairies
  
ATSM#200: Birthday / ATCAS #91: Fly / STAMPlorations: Birthday Blog Hop
 
Word Art Wednesday / Crafter's Cafe #152: Things with Wings / Open-Minded: Holidays
 
FFF July: H2O Love / Sparkles Christmas Challenge: Snowflakes

12 comments:

  1. Your winter fairies are adorable, Jessica - love the subtle glimmer on them, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like they were great fun to colour. Wonderfully colour combos and I love the subtle shimmer.
    Thanks so much for joining in with the celebrations at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great glimmer and whimsy. We appreciate your wonderful art, so creative and beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us in the #236-#237 - Word Art Wednesday AG Challenge.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fairies are super cute! Great coloring, fun cards!! Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Café. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute fairies and the simple layout lets them shine.
    Thanks for joining in our birthday celebrations at ATSM and STAMPlorations. :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute fairies. Lovely designs. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow stunning background and I love the perfect pearls shimmer. Such adorable fairies. Thankyou for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun for our 'Holiday/Seasons' challenge. Hope you join us again Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS and STAMPlorations

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome creations Love all the sweet images .Thanks for sharing with us here at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous work!!! Love all of the colors you used! Thanks for joining us at TGF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card dearie. Beautiful fun colours too. Thanks for joining in with us over at Sparkles Christmas. Good luck. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just the cutest card ever and just perfect for our challenge over at Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Snowflakes" good luck and hope to see you again next time Dt Member Sandra H xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.