October 8, 2016

Rainbow Llama Christmas Card ft. Stampin' Up


EDIT:  Winner at AAA Cards / Top 3 at ATCAS / Cas-ual Fridays Favorite
 
Who says Christmas cards can't be rainbow colored?! Today I have this bright non-traditional Christmas card for you. It features Fa-la-la-la Friends, one of the stamp sets from Stampin' Up's holiday catalog. I just love the punny sentiment and this silly llama. :P


To make this CAS one layer card, I first stamped my image onto watercolor cardstock. After covering it with a mask, I heat embossed 8 rows of "fa-la-la-la-llama" sentiments with Wow white pearl embossing powder.


I then watercolored the sentiment backdrop and the little bulbs with 4 colors of distress inks. 


To finish off this card, I adhered a few iridescent sequins to the card front. This card is super easy and quick to create. It also works with a lot of images and sentiments, so I hope you'll want to give it a try. :)

Challenges Entered:
  
AAA Cards #74: Masking / ATCAS: Watercolor / HLS Christmas: Embossing (NL)
  
CASual Friday: 1 in 8 (8 stacked sentiments) / SugarPea #18: Sketch / Word Art Wednesday

Winnie & Walter: Stretch your stamps, CASE W&W (I've CASEd the repetitive stamping, rainbow colors and CAS style in Gayatri's card.), For a friend (I'm dedicating this my best friend in high school. I have a thing for llamas and alpacas since high school, and it has slowly become one of our inside jokes. xD) Pick n' Mix (white, poppy, mustard, lawn, cerulean + distress inks, heat embossing + watercolor + cute) Rainbow, CAS

8 comments:

  1. What a fun card, so clever. Your watercolor background colors are beautiful! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun, vibrant and clever take on masking here.
    Loving the multi sentiments and thanks for playing with us at AAA Cards this week.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie, wow this is a stunning card! Love the combination of techniques you used. Can I CASE it? I will refer to your blog for sure. Thank you so much for sharing your card at Addicted to CAS - Sweet Kobylkin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Feel free to CASE it anyway you like! I'm glad this card has brought you a bit of inspiration :)

      Delete
  4. I love how you've done this. Such a clever way to combine all those challenges..I reckon you'll be in the running to win all of them with this! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness is this a great card! Love how you used the watercolors. Love the B/W image (one of my fave techniques). And the overall feel of the card is so colorful, like a Mexican fiesta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning, love everything!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.