April 29, 2016

Penny Black April Shower

Does this card look somewhat familiar to you? Well I created a card (shown below) a few days ago using the same ink and paper! I actually have that "blue sky white clouds" patterned paper for a long long time, but since I tend to make floral, cute/girlie or vibrant cards, I never really have a chance to use it. I'm so glad that I've been participating in card challenges. It's only been a week since I first entered my glitter butterfly card over at the Paper Players, but I've already learned so much during the past week! I created my first mixed media project, tried different sketches at various blogs, and purchased different stamp sets to create cards that I normally wouldn't create! 

I mixed and matched the hedgie image from Penny Black (Party Time) with the weather images from SugarPea (Whatever the Weather). 
 
The hedgie was holding a present in the original image, but since this time's theme is April (I chose to go with April showers), I decided to let him hold an umbrella instead. After partially inking up and stamping the hedgie, I used a cutting knife and cut along his little hand. That way I can tuck the umbrella under his palm and it'll look like he's holding it :)
Then I watercolored him using my Versa Magic ink pads. After that I stamped all the other images: the umbrella, the cloud, the rain and the sentiment and heat embossed them with either clear or silver embossing powder. I added a stripe of glitter tape from Stampin' Up, and that pretty much finished off the card!

Challenges Entered: 
   

6 comments:

  1. Super adorable!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards! Love how you've amended the image to hold the umbrella. So clever! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card... Love the cute image... And the way you have done the Rain cloud great idea...
    Thanks for joining us at PBSC this month
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet card! thank you for playing along with us at the simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards are FANTASTIC! You've showcased your clouds-and-sky paper wonderfully. Sweet hedgie and wonderful plane! Thank you for sharing this gem in the ATSM gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.