December 24, 2016

Glittery Christmas Tree Gift Box ft. Hero Arts


EDIT: Top 3 at a2z Scrapbooking

I've wanted to make my own gift boxes for a long time, and guess what came in the mail yesterday? We R Memory Keeper's 1-2-3 Punch Board! It's a product that has been around for a long time, I wonder what took me so long to finally purchase it. (Probably my long crafty wish list, haha!) Anyways, I was super excited to play with it and I made this 4x4x4 gift box right away. 


What is better than a handmade gift box? A decorated one, of course! I'm in love with this Merry Christmas Tree stamp and die set from Hero Arts. It's an oldie but goodie. 

The decoration is heavily inspired by Paper Sweeties's challenge graphic. I went with the color scheme, the sparkly element, and of course, the tree itself. 

I created the sparkly turquoise tree by covering an adhesive-backed cardstock with Elizabeth Crafts's Microfine Glitter. After burnishing the glitter with a bone folder and wiping off the loose glitter with a swiffer cloth, I colored it with BG15 and BG09 Copic markers. I've also embellished it with some sequins, beads, pearls, gemstones, as well as some stamped die cuts. TIP: I colored my gemstones with a red Copic marker. They were originally clear!

I also created a bow with my Bow-It-All 2.0 tool. Since I haven't put the actual gift inside the box yet, I left the ends of the bow untied. 


To make the stamped die cuts look more like embellishments, I've covered them with glossy accent. A trial and error: I first stamped my images with pigment inks and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. However, heat embossing turns the white spaces yellow and also blurs the details. (right image) Adding glossy accents solves the problems! (left image)


I hope this gift box has made the present extra special, and I hope you have enjoyed looking at my sparkly creation! Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a Merry Christmas eve!

Challenges Entered:

8 comments:

  1. Love all the elements on your tree, it goes perfect on your box. Thank you for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is sooo beautiful; love the glittery tree!!

    Thank you for joining us at a2z Scrapbooking! ~Michele, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you put on the circles on your tree? Glossy Accents? This is s stellar tree ornament. It's litterally a tree.

    So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute gift box decor!! Thanks for playing along at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, love your design!!! Thanks for joining the fun at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! The box is the gift itself!! That sparkly tree is so beautifully adorned and I bet you had so much fun playing with your new punch tool! Thank you for sharing this amazing creation with us at Paper Sweeties for our December challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and festive gift box! Love the tree. Thank You for playing along with a2z December Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So modern and fun! I love the gift box with the tree you made, great idea. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.