March 21, 2018

Rainbow Unicorn ft. Winnie & Walter


Hello all! I'd like to share a CAS card with you today. Clean and simple isn't typically my go-to style, but between packing for a new move and preparing for graduation, it certainly is the *best* style. :-) 


The focal point of the card are these sparkly ombré letter die cuts. I used Winnie & Walter's Typecast: Cary Letters Cutaways to die cut 5 letters from silver glitter cardstock. Then I used Copic markers to create the ombré effect. The colors I used are listed below:

Red (M): R24 / R27/ R39
Yellow Orange (A): Y15 / YR14 / YR09
Green (G): YG25 / G05 / G28
Blue (I): B04 / B24 / B37
Purple (C): V04 / V05 / V09

If you are a Copic fanatic and use them frequently, you'll probably notice that these are not necessarily the colors you would use to create a normal seamless blend. That is because you need to choose colors that are "different" enough for them to show on glitter cardstock. Otherwise you wouldn't achieve the ombré effect. 


I paired the sparkly letters with a sentiment from The Greeting Farm's A Lil' Magic set. The unicorn image is also colored with Copic markers, and it's from Ink Road Stamp's Majestic AF set. I kept everything very simple; no foam tape, no dimensions, no embellishments. Just a clean one layer card, and I quite like it! Thank you so much for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed it, too!

  

5 comments:

  1. I’m totally in love with this card! Love the rainbow word, the unicorn and fantastic use of just one third. Thanks for playing along with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your letters are so pretty, not just sparkly but ombre and rainbow coloured too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an eye-catching card! Love your sparkly rainbow, particularly the ombre! Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards. PS good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card! thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, sparkly and magical! Beautiful card, Jessica. x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.