October 29, 2018

No-line Watercolor Embossed Christmas Bells ft. STAMPlorations


Hello everyone! Welcome to the Special Christmas CUTplorations release blog hop. I'm super excited to share a cool and not-so-common way to use the new cover plate die. Let's take a look!


I decided to emboss a piece of watercolor cardstock with the die instead of cutting through it; you get all of the gorgeous details, but you don't have to worry about sticking them on piece by piece.


Then I colored the bells, the bow, and the holly leaves with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers. The colors I used are listed below:
No. 050 ...........Yellow
No. 052 Bright Yellow
No. 061 ..Light Brown
No. 024 .......Wine Red
No. 400 Marine Green


After that I distressed the edges with Mermaid Lagoon and Chipped Sapphire distress inks. My friend said that the blue borders really pull your attention to the bells, what do you think? I personally like the ink blended borders because they make the embossed details pop even more. Finally, I added a black die cut sentiment and that finishes off the card. I hope you enjoy the new dies and the hop, and I'll see you soon. 

15 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is one gorgeous card! I love how you used the die to emboss and added those vibrant colors! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this card is stunning - LOVE the bright colors and ink blending:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll have to try embossing with my
    dies. This is really pretty! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun colours on your beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous! I love the colors and the background is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Jessica, love how you picked out the bells with bright colours and shaded the edge of the card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderfully striking card! Vibrant and festive. Love the texture and gorgeous watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card! Love
    the embossed image
    and the coloring.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this embossed look!!! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love the layout and that die cut rocks - wanna sing that tune for sure -TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving how you embossed and water colored this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful with the embossing and coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous festive card!!! Stunning design and colouring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.