March 4, 2019

Red Velvet Cake ft. STAMPlorations


Hi everyone! Welcome back to another CUTplorations challenge! For this month's card I decided to create a red velvet birthday cake. Let's take a look!


First I stamped SKETCHED: Birthday Cake with Memento ink in Tuxedo Black. This way I can color the image with Copic markers. For the red part I used R89 / R39 / R35 / R32, and E40 / E41 / E53 for the buttery yellow cream. I'm actually not that fond of the yellow hue. I think I'll use W0 / W1 for some warm gray shading next time. Finally, I colored in the candles with Y19. 

Then I die cut the sentiment with Smile Word Die and completed it with the sentiment stamp. Lastly, I layered a piece of foiled vellum on top of this patterned paper, and my card is finished!  

Thank you so much for stopping by, I'm excited to see your creation. And have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Powered by Blogger.