July 4, 2016

Shine Bright Rainbow Card ft. Essentials by Ellen and Winnie & Walter

Here's a thing that's funny about me: I love bright, bold colors. Turquoise, hot pink, bright yellow... they're all my favorite. But when it comes to rainbow challenges, I'm stuck. Maybe I'm just overwhelmed by all the good choices so I'm having a hard time putting them together. That being said, here's my new attempt. 

I went with the very traditional rainbow colors for the background and die cut "bright" several times. It's from Essentials by Ellen's Merry & Bright set. (Very versatile set, love it. I used them on my fairy cards, too) Instead of inlaying the die cuts directly back to their original spots, I decided to switch them up a bit to get this mixed rainbow effect. 
To finish the sentiment I stamped "shine" repeatedly on a black stitched banner and heat embossed it with silver powder. That stamp is from Winnie & Walter's My Precious set, which is the only product I have from W&W. (I sooo need their multifaceted cutaways! Especially the heart one. So gorgeous! )
Since I'm trying to keep the card's focal point on the background, I decided to mount the panel onto a transparent top folding card base. To finish of the card I tied a silver bow and added some gems that match the silver embossed sentiment.

I did spray a lot of pearlized water onto the background before popping the word die cuts back in. Think it goes well with the "shine bright" sentiment. You can finally see the shimmer in this photo. I left the die cuts plain because I didn't want them to merge into the background. By having a little difference and contrast, the die cuts definitely stood out more. 
I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card. I basically adhered three white card panels to hide the adhesives. I don't normally stamp inside my cards, but for this one I added "It's your day!" with Lawn Fawn's Milo's ABC stamp set. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to see you soon!

Challenges Entered:
 
 

11 comments:

  1. So much bright and colorful goodness. Thanks for partying with STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really rocked the rainbow look! I love the way you swapped the die cuts around to create even more colour and the stunning strong colours of the background are so gorgeous, particularly with all that glitter. Thanks for celebrating with us over at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous blending of your inks on the background, and I love your inlaid die cut sentiments, Jessica! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa! the colors and sparkle on here are awesome!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    Congratulations on your win at Creative With Stamps! Please, contact Shery from STAMPlorations before July 12th to claim your prize!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly bright and gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing Virginia’s View “All about Colors” Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the bright cards and the way you inlaid the dies - WONDERFULLY creative.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut DIvas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun and bright colors on this card!!! Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really took my eye!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blending of colours, and I love how you switched up the placement of the inlaid dies for a clever detail! Thanks for spreading The Gossip on w&w's The Gossip Column!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.