April 10, 2018

CUTplorations Dies ft. STAMPlorations

Hi everyone! STAMPlorations released 3 new word dies (CUTplorations), and they're just fabulous! Here are my 3 projects, check them out!

For my card projects I decided to pair up a new die with an older stamp set. This sunshine and rainbow card features the Kathryn's Rainbow set. (Isn't it a perfect match with the die?!)


I watercolored the stamped images with ZIG Clean Color Real Brush pens, masked them, and distressed the background. I also sponged distress inks on the word die cut.


I thought it would be fun to add some details to the girl's pink dress, so I drew some flowers and polka dots with a white gel pen. Just love how it turned out!


For my second card I went with an artsy style. The stamp set I used is Trendy Birds, but you can definitely apply the same technique to Trendy Leaves, Trendy Butterflies, or any stamps you own. :)


I first stamped the birdie images with Distress Oxide inks, then I clear heat embossed them. After that I chose contrasting colors and distressed the entire panel. Since the heat embossed areas resist ink, you can achieve this rich and colorful look.


I kept the sentiment really simple; it's just a white die cut of the "Life is good" die. The bright white surely pops against the black and rainbow colored background though!


For the third project I decorated the cover of a Kraft notebook.


I sponged on Distress Oxides inks (so much distress inks in this post!) to create a rainbow die cut, and embellished with white enamel dots.

I hope you enjoyed these creations. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Challenges Entered:

AAA Cards: Favorite Technique (Ink Blending)

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! Love the colors and details! The new phrase dies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on creating marvelous work with the new dies and your colors and layouts - outstanding!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these dies even more after I saw what you did with them. That notebook is simple but so pretty and the Sunshine card makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all, you are so creative! The way you used each die is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards, I love your design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards. Love the simple rainbow phrase on Kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects you created.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright colors on these, and that beautiful bird background you created. The You Are My Sunshine card is super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet and bright projects!
    I love that awesome bird background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These projects are wonderful! Love the bright colors and happy little scene on your first card, and the gorgeous birds on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creations! I love the simplicity of the journal cover; but
    it's just so perfect. Love the design of the 2nd card (I'd cringe
    at cutting my artwork, tho! lol). Your first card is my fave - I love
    her doodled dress and yes, the die is perfect with that set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful trio, especially love the last very CAS card. Thanks for playing along with the favourite technique challenge at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute--love the little girl one! Each one is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love these dies!!! Your cards are totally gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jessica, I love your cards! The birds card with DO stamping and heat embossing is spectacular! I always loved CUTplorations style and you use these sentiments in a very pretty way. Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at AAA Cards Challenge. - Sweet Kobylkin
    Click through to see now a new Clean and Simple card with Die Cutting on The Edge Technique.

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome cards - love the designs:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice to see creative work with the new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of your cards. The bird card is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely set of cards! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Ã…sa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great work with the dies! I LOVE that first card and the CAS design of the third one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome bunch of cards!! That first one with the sunshine die is adorable and the bright colors on all are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow!! Stunning projects made with awesome techniques! Love each one, and first card is so adorable, bright & beautiful!! Thanks for sharing. Great release!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Artsy projects using the new STAMPloration products. TFS Jessica. Hugs..

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.