May 21, 2018

Rose Copic Coloring ft. STAMPlorations


Hi everyone! I was really inspired by the quote (shown below) from Time Out's challenge, and I thought STAMPlorations' About a Rose set goes *perfectly* with it. So I created this card. Check it out!


I colored the rose with Copic markers. It's a smaller image so adding the details and dimensions within each fold and petal can be a little challenging. (But who doesn't love a little challenge?!) I really enjoyed the coloring process and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The markers I used are listed below from the darkest to lightest shade:
Rose
R89 / R85 / R83 / R81
Leaves
G29 / G05 / YG17 / G21


Then I framed the rose with a gold glitter square that I die cut from two dies. I used the Large and Small Stitched Square Stackables Dies from Lawn Fawn, but you can also cut a frame with an X-Acto knife. For reference, my square is 2.5'' x 2.5''. 


The background is stamped with Stampin' Up's Brushstrokes background stamp with VersaFine Onyx Black ink. I also added pieces of crumpled patterned vellum and added some Wink of Stella on top. Then I embellished the card with some DMC metallic thread and a couple of enamel dots from Doodlebug. 


The sentiment is really what prompted me to make this card. It's so neat and goes so well with the cue words. :) I decided to extend the friend theme a little further by turning this card into a pop up card where you can insert a little photo inside. (Click on the video to see how this mechanism works) Here I used a polaroid of my sister and her best friend.  I think it certainly adds a personal touch and is a nice surprise for your friend. (And they totally deserve it!) I hope you enjoyed my creation, thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day! 

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh... I love your card! Saw it on Power Poppy and had to stop by to see it full size. It is even more gorgeous than I had expected. Am thinking I'll be CASEing it in the future. The coloring, the quote, the textures, and the bling all add to its charm. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eclectic gorgeousness. Yes. Yes. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quote, and such a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great how you used the frame and the black stripes really let the flowers pop! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS card!!! Love, love, love the gold frame with that bright red rose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work with this lovely rose! What fun with the glitzy touches too. Lovely design! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.