June 23, 2016

Aloha~ Hawaiian Card


Just submitted this card to the Aloha challenge at Addicted to CAS. Last minute, too! Whew. I actually finished making it two days after the challenge came out, but I went to visit my cousins at Huntington Beach right after and, you guessed it, I forgot to take pictures before I left. So glad to have made it back home on time to submit this card. Don't you hate it when you miss a deadline to show the world your wonderfuuul creation?! (Don't ask me how I know)

 
I don't know about you, but when I think of Hawaii, the plumeria comes to mind. (Yes, I know, not the hibiscus) So I decided to create some for my card. 


Alright, now I must confess, it was a lot harder than I thought to create this simple-looking flower. The bottom one was my first attempt. I sponged some orange and yellow distress inks onto a flower die cut, and thought, hmm... that's not quite right. So I referenced the photo above and tried adding only a bit of orange. I even curled the tips of the flower and I was like, what the heck is this? Really?! I was about to give up until I had a lightbulb moment and cut all the petals apart, inked and curled them individually and glued them back together. Voila! MUCH better. 


I added a sentiment using my Labeler Alphabet set and Hero Art's unicorn white pigment ink. To finish up the card I added some wink of stella to the center of the flower. Super simple card, but I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out. Hope you enjoyed it, too!

Challenges Entered: 
  
ATCAS Challenge #90: Aloha / Curtain Call: Tasty Tropics / SSS: Add Some Shimmer


Word Art Wednesday #236-237

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.