June 11, 2016

Oh Happy Birds Wreath Card


This is another version of this card that is inspired by one of the DT cards (shown below). I love the sketch of this week's MFT challenge :)



  
The left is a card with a plain coral strip, and it's at this point when I realized that I wanted to add some more interest to the strip. I didn't have any patterned coral color card stock, so I decided to make mine by using a stencil and some clear embossing powder. 


I simply dabbed some VersaMark ink with my sponge dauber and applied a good amount until the the strip portion is completely covered. Then I poured a bunch of clear embossing powder over it and heat embossed. The embossed area will appear darker in color, and that's just the magic of embossing. If you want a softer, tone-on-tone look, you can even skip the embossing part because VersaMark ink itself will leave a subtle watermark. This is actually my first time using this technique, and I have to say that I'm really satisfied with the result!


To match the glossy finish of the embossed pattern, I added some wink of the stella and glossy accent to the groom's suit, the bride's veil and the flowers. 

Challenges Entered: 
   

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ... so adorable! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BIRDS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...super CUTE! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us this month for the 'Bird' Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute image. I agree, the coral strip is improved by the addition of the pattern.
    Thanks for making your mark at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable-and I love the technique you used on the coral strip-I'm going to try it! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute and sweet!! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Diva's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling cards. So cute.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute, love both your cards, great use of the dies, thanks for joining us at HLS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.