June 19, 2016

CAS One Layer Stencil Card


EDIT: Winner and Top 3 at the Craftin Desert Divas & STAMPlorations
  
This is another one layer CAS card created with a stencil and some distress inks. It actually took a lot longer than I expected to finish this card. Read on...


Since this stencil doesn't have a consecutive pattern (like this one) and the flowers are quite far apart, I felt like it needed a border. But I didn't want to trim it down and mount it on a black panel, as I was going for the one layer card. So I did it the hard way, which is masking thin areas and inking them up with black distress ink. 

It took me quite a while to position all the masking tape right, and after inking just one side, I got ink all over the masking tape and my fingers! I went slower and was extra careful when I repositioned these masks, but I still got some small splotches of ink/fingerprints here and there on the card. Ugh. Nothing I couldn't save with my white gel pen, but it still bugs me. Next time I'll just use my copic-multiliner. Sighs... Learned a lesson, though!


Again, I wanted to keep the focal point of the card on the stenciled pattern,  so I only added this simple sentiment banner. I only adhered the left side of the banner, and left the rest hanging. Felt like the half floating sentiment added some more interest. Hope you like this modern, simple card!

Challenged Entered: 
  
CAS(E) this Sketch #176 / SPDMIX03 / Craftin Desert Divas: Red, White & Blue


STAMPlorations: Anything CAS Goes

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely lovely ! I love the design !Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas ! Wishing you a wonderful day !
    Hugs&Blessings,
    Mayra DTM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! Love the colours! Thanks so much for playing along with us at SugarPea Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.