June 17, 2016

Masculine CAS Cards ft. Tim Holtz Blueprints Stamps


EDIT: Honorable Mention at CASology: Masculine


Winner at Creative with Stamps
Father's Day is just around the corner, so a lot of challenge blogs are having "Masculine" or "Father's Day" themes this week. I decided to watercolor some images from Tim Holtz's blueprint collection. The sketch marks and labels definitely add a masculine feel to the cards. 

I finished off the cards using the new Labeler Alphabet stamp set from Stampin' Up. Love the type writer, old school font of these alphabets. I think they really fit with the masculine images, but I think I'd prefer the letters to be slightly smaller since I'm building longer sentiments here. 


The colors in this card is inspired by the graphic in Your Next Stamp Color Challenge #41. When I watercolored this image I added too much water and the colors bled into each other and created some muddy edges. I was debating if I should redo another one but then I thought, hey, sometimes life isn't pretty and smooth like the way we wanted it to be, so I kept it this way. The sentiment is from Sugar Pea's Wanderlust set. 

This one... I have mixed feelings about this card. I really like the watercolored, vintage-y top hot, but I'm not so sure about the striped pattern. I originally thought it would add some interest without being too distracting, but it's SO bold it's hard to ignore. It took me quite some time to stamp the stripes repeatedly and then ink up the gaps with Old Linen distress ink, too. Think I'll just leave it out next time.

This card is on my redo list. The gold embossed outline is too soft and didn't really achieve the look I was going for. I don't usually throw out cards unless it's a total disaster, but this one is close. LOL. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed some of the better cards, or even some of the not-so-great ones. If you have any thoughts on them please let me know through the comments! :)

Challenges Entered: 
  

17 comments:

  1. Stunning design. I love all of your cards. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! I can't decide which of the first two are my favorites - terrific coloring and sentiments on both! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all awesome, I love the CAS designs and the way you've added color! Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! I love them all! the simple design highlights the stamps and your amazing coloring! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! BArbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are great and I love the images. Great coloring and I like that they are fathers day or masculine.. Thanks for sharing over at Creative with Stamps.
    Billie A
    Creative with Stamps
    Inspiration Destination
    Catch the bug
    Aud Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great selection of masculine cards! The Tim Holtz images are perfect for cards for the gents in our lives. Thanks for joining us at CWS, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great assortment of cards...and I love your thoughts on each of them! I really like the second card - great coloring on all of them! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Fathers Day cards!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! You've been super busy but what a fantastic bundle of CAS-perfect cards and beautiful watercolours, images and colours. Simple and classy designs. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards this week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tim Holtz's Blueprint collection images are perfect for a masculine card! Now why didn't I think of those?! ;) What a fantastic variety of cards! I really do love them ALL!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny how we can be our own worst critics. I think your cards are fantastic and especially love your top-hat card. It's perfectly CAS and I think the stripes do go with it. Its beautifully coloured too. So very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! Love the CAS masculine designs!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful selection of CAS man cards. Glad you shared them all. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great CAS cards! I find masculine cards hard to do, but you nailed it with these!
    Thank you for entering our June challenge at Rubber Dance ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! These are amazing. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. your card for CWS is awesome
    and we love it
    some DT member vote for you
    and did you see that you are the winner
    Congrats Jessie please contact us :)
    http://creativewithstampschallenge.blogspot.de/2016/07/winners-from-june-challenge-3.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.