June 1, 2016

Carnival Cupcakes CAS Card

This is probably my first CAS card. I've always wanted to try the CAS style, but I love adding dimensions and embellishments to my cards that in the end, they turn out to be totally non-CAS! 

I masked the top of the cupcake and stamped the bottom portion, then watercolored the image. Totally couldn't resist adding wink of stella and a few sparkly enamel dots on this card. LOL. To be honest, I REALLY wanted to add some foam tape under these stitched circles. And I bet you can't imagine how hard it is for me to refrain myself from adding some score lines to the background. Ahhh! There's just too much white space!

I rarely put any sentiment inside my cards, but since the cover is so simple, I decided to add something special inside. Isn't this the most adorable sentiment?! I'm planning on sending this to one of my high school besties. It's her birthday and she LOVES cupcakes! I can already see the smile on her face :D

Challenges Entered:
  

 

4 comments:

  1. Love that fun sentiment and how putting it on the inside kept your card front so clean and uncluttered. Thanks for joining in AAA Cards Big Birthday Bash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super sweet card and I love the sentiment!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love the sentiment! thanks for joining us at ATSM!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.