June 20, 2016

Hedgie Birthdays ft Penny Black


EDIT: Top Pick at STAMPlorations / Favorite at Penny Black
 
I love love love this Party Time hedgies set from Penny Black. They are one of my very first photopolymer stamp sets, and still one of my favorites, too! I thought it's the perfect occasion to make some more birthday cards to celebrate Penny Black's 8th birthday. So here they are!

I did some simple watercoloring and paired the image with the embossed background. I like how the ombre present's hue matches with the hedgie's blush. How cute!

I also added some wink of stella to the ribbon and his blush. It's hard to see in the photo, but this little shimmer does make a difference!

This is another card using the same card sketch. Oh and I remembered to emboss the die cut this time. :P

I'm really pleased with how this one turned out. Love how the hedgie is in the center of the sun and beaming with joy. Aww it just makes my heart melt (no pun intended). I think the sentiment is pretty playful and matches this card perfectly.

Hope you enjoyed these cards! I'd love it if you comment below and tell me which one's your favorite! Thanks for stopping by :)

Challenges Entered:
 

9 comments:

  1. A super collection of cards for our Flower Power them Jessie, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cards are adorable. Love the cute images and awesome background on each card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Amnimal Magic Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, these are all just too cute!! it's hard to pick a favourite: i love the soft colouring of the first one, the bright green in the second and the adorable funny hedgie in the third colourful one! great job on them all! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more!
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and adorable set of cards!! Can't decide which one is my fav! Great!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
    Suchi- DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cards, such sweet Penny Black stamps.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More ' Flower Power' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards - love all those sweet little hedgies!
    Thanks so much for joining in with our 8th Birthday celebrations at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge this month!
    Helen x

    PS - if you haven't already, it's not too late to join in with our blog hop for more chances to win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are just darling! I love the embossed backgrounds & bright, festive colors! So glad you joined us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, your hedgehogs looks so cute and happy, lovely set of cards. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations June challenge, hope to see you again in July’s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet cards! I love the colors you used as well. Nicely done.
    Thank you for joining us this time for our "Anything goes" Challenge at LTSCB.
    Hugs
    Irena DT

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.